Sunday, September 8, 2013

31DC2013 Day 8- Metallic nails

Today I decided to keep it simple. This is a mirror-effect polish from an unknown brand- I picked this up in a tiny little nail supply store in Tel Aviv. I have not had much luck with mirror effects- I can't seem to get it to work over any kind of base coat, and it is absolutely unforgiving about ridges. Still, after some careful buffing I'm fairly happy with the results.

I added subtle accents with gluequins from the BornPrettyStore. I'm definitely going to wear this manicure again!





Unfortunately in order to wear this to work and not have it chip off right away, I needed to add top coat. This made the finish glossier, but it dulled the mirror effect that it had. To see photos of this with top coat plus links to everyone else who is participating in the challenge today, click the jump!






2 comments:

  1. This mirror polish looks amazing, even after top coat. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I am probably going to pick this up in a number of other colors once I get back to that area. The store is a little out of the way, but it's a godsend for HTF supplies.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...