Tuesday, September 23, 2014

31DC2014 Day 23- Inspired by a movie

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh man! I haven't updated in over a week! I've actually been keeping up with the art side of the challenge, but the photos have been piling up on my computer not getting posted =/ I've done some really cool stuff over the last week, so I'll be dedicating two catch-up posts to the whole thing. In the meantime, here's today!

I chose the movie Pacific Rim as my inspiration- specifically, the Kaiju, who have mottled grey skin with bright blue bioluminescent highlights running through them. I actually used a glow in the dark blue in this look, but unfortunately the bottle is pretty old and I couldn't get a glow out of them, even after "charging" them in the sun for five minutes and going into a pitch black room :(

Still, I do think I managed to capture an abstract kaiju-ish look, and I got a compliment from a waitress today!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...