Wednesday, September 24, 2014

31DC2014 Day 24- Inspired by a book

I'm on time!

Today's post is inspired by the book I Shall Wear Midnight, by Terry Pratchett. It's the amazing, fantastic, wonderful, moving culmination to his Tiffany Aching YA series. I cannot recommend that series enough. (Although beware: this book is the final in the series, read the others first!)

Credit where credit's due: I wanted to draw a hare made of flames on one of my nails, since hares and flames are both strong motifs in the book, but I am no good at drawing, so I used the fan art cover designed by Alicia-MB on tumblr as a reference. My hare doesn't hold a candle to hers (no pun intended) but at least it looks hare-like!





I will be gone for the next few day for the Jewish holiday Rosh Hashana, but I've got posts queued so I don't miss any more days of this challenge! I will also be posting one catch-up today, and have one queued for tomorrow (since I missed six days I'll be splitting the art three-and-three)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...